Monday, July 9, 2012

Ben starts 3rd grade

I can't believe that I have a 3rd grader!!  Ben was so excited for school that he woke up at 7am.  We got to the school and went to the office to see who his teacher was.  The office couldn't find his name in the system.  Well come to find out you have to register online.  The principal gave me a paper and told me I had to drive to this building in Cary (25 mins away) and get a school assigned to him.   Sounds easy right?   Wrong.  I was feeling ok when I got there because I found it!  I was so excited I found the place.  But absolutely no parking.   Every spot was filled with a mini van and the line was out the door.  Picture your worst nightmare at the DMV but with tons of kids everywhere.  That's what I did for 2 1/2 hours!  I seriously contemplated ever having Ben go to school again.  Once we finally got him registered we headed back to his school.   He was excited to finally start.  His teacher's name is Miss McCommons.  He had friends in his class from the 2nd grade and he came home happy and said he had a great day!  I'm just glad I survived the day!  By the time I got back to the school I only took one picture, and even knew that it was blurry.  But sheesh!  What a morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment