Sunday, February 3, 2013

Remii's Big 3-0!!

I am finally posting about Remii's birthday.  Better late than never right??  I swear time goes by way to fast and I am falling behind on the family blog!  But thats ok because I was able to surprise Remii with a fantastic birthday all paid for by my blog.  I told Remii that I had a blog conference the night of his birthday and asked him if we could celebrate it the following week.  Remii being the amazing guy that he is said that it was ok and if I wanted to go to this blog conference I could!  So he had no idea that I had a huge surprise planned.   The morning of his birthday I did surprise him with balloons and and over the hill banner.  And it is tradition in his family to have this breakfast (here) on your birthday.  A finnish pancake is delicious and turned out perfectly.
After breakfast, I told him that we had to pack and that we are staying in an executive suite at a resort.  He was so surprised and he said to me, Who is going to buy the pizzas at my meeting tonight?  Not quite the first reaction that I wanted, but I assured him that his meeting had a bunch of grown men that are perfectly capable of ordering pizzas.  He was so excited to go!



 We started our giveaway tubing.  I look at these pictures and honestly this was one of the funnest things that we have done!  We laughed the whole time and had so much fun racing down the hill.  I seriously am so in love with this old fart!







Back at our resort, they had this awesome glacier.  We had to take pictures in front of it.  The resort is so beautiful and peaceful.  It was such a great stay!


 We had dinner that night at the resort and Remii got a steak and I had an awesome grilled salmon.  Then completely out of the blue I gave Remii his birthday presents.  I got him a new Nixon watch to add to the collection and the best tickets I could by to his favorite hockey teams.  The Avalanche vs Blackhawks in Denver.  He was so grateful and happy and even had a tear in his eye.  So worth it!





No comments:

Post a Comment